Affected Environment (13MB)
Environmental Consequences (19MB)
Section 4F (4MB)
Indirect & Cumulative (332KB)
Public Involvement (193KB)
Construction Phasing & Funding (193KB)
Environmental Commitments (214KB)
Response to Comments (15MB)
References Index (205KB)
- Biological Assessment (5MB)
- Community Impact (17MB)
- Cultural Resources (34MB)
- DEIS Public Comments – Part 1 (25MB), Part 2 (32MB)
- Farmland (2MB)
- Floodplain (15MB)
- Hazardous Materials (21MB)
- Hydrogeological (12MB)
- Mobility and Road User Cost (26MB)
- Traffic Noise Analysis (11MB)
- Revised Safety Analysis (26MB)
- Screening of Alternatives (585KB)
- Vegetation (6MB)
- Visual Resources (470 KB)
- Revised Weather (3 MB)
- Wetland Delineation – Part 1 (22MB), Part 2 (27MB), Part 3 (31MB)
- Wildlife (1MB)
The Idaho Transportation Department is continuing to work on final design plans and right-of-way appraisals for the U.S. 95, Thorncreek Road to Moscow Project. ITD anticipates this work will be completed this spring.
The Federal Highway Administration and ITD evaluated many alternatives for the new highway alignment, including western, central and eastern routes. The final eastern route (E2) was chosen after a multi-year environmental review process. ITD received a Record of Decision (ROD) from the Federal Highway Administration in March of 2016. The ROD gave ITD the authority to begin final design and purchase land.
A legal motion was brought against FHWA and ITD regarding the Environmental Impact Statement and Record of Decision for this project. In August 2017, the U.S. District Court for Idaho ruled against the motion in favor of FHWA and ITD.
Please call Ken Helm at (208)799-5090 if you have any questions about the project.